Senate members are appointed to committees by the Lieutenant Governor. The Lieutenant Governor also provides each committee with its charge.
Links to each committee page are listed below, where you will find committee membership, schedules, video and/or audio archives of previous public hearings, and more.
The Texas Legislature Online's committee portal is also available, and provides a database of searchable information about committee schedules, minutes, membership, process, and more.
When Senate Committees are holding public hearings in the Capitol Complex, you may find live webcasts of the proceedings at the Senate Live Broadcasts page.
86th Session Standing Committees
- Business & Commerce
- Criminal Justice
- Health & Human Services
- Higher Education
- Intergovernmental Relations
- Natural Resources & Economic Development
- Property Tax
- State Affairs
- Veteran Affairs & Border Security
- Water & Rural Affairs
86th Session Select, Interim, and Joint Committees
- HHS Transition Legislative Oversight Committee
- Joint Committee on Use of Prior Authorization & Utilization Review Processes
- Legislative Committee on Aging
- Mass Violence Prevention & Community Safety, Select
- Redistricting, Select
- State Water Implementation Fund for Texas Advisory Committee
- Texas Infrastructure Resiliency Fund Advisory Committee
- Texas Ports, Select
- Texas Privacy Protection Advisory Council
- Archived versions of previous Legislative Sessions' Committee pages can be accessed from our Committee Archives page.