Senate Committee on Transportation
Sam Houston Building, 450
Video/Audio — Archives
The following reports are available for download:
- Safety: Study the primary causes for traffic-related accidents and fatalities, including fatality rates as a result of intoxicated driving. Make recommendations for effective strategies to improve roadway safety.
- Project Delivery: Evaluate major roadway construction projects that have begun since voters approved new funding sources in 2014 and 2015. Make recommendations to ensure on-time project completion and improve cost efficiencies.
- Texas Department of Transportation Flight Services: Evaluate the current funding, maintenance procedures, and staffing levels at Texas Department of Transportation's Flight Services. Make recommendations to ensure the safest fleet and most efficient service.
- Monitoring: Monitor the implementation of legislation addressed by the Senate Committee on Transportation passed by the 86th Legislature, as well as relevant agencies and programs under the committee's jurisdiction. Specifically, make recommendations for any legislation needed to improve, enhance, or complete implementation of the following:
- The Legislature's new funding for the driver's license program as funded in the General Appropriations Act;
- The Legislature's funding for grants to counties to be used for repair of county roads as funded in the General Appropriations Act;
- SB 198, relating to payment for the use of a highway toll project;
- SB 616, as it relates to the analysis of the opportunities and challenges of transferring the driver license program to the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles;
- SB 1915, relating to the board of pilot commissioners for Harris County ports; and
- SB 2223, as it relates to two-way directional routes.