Mario Gallegos, Jr.
Capitol Extension, E1.804
Video/Audio — Archives
Written Testimony Submissions and Handouts
October 18, 2010
Interim Charge 1
- Panel 1
- Dr. Gordon Wells, Program Manager, Center for Space Research, UT-Austin (File 1, File 2, File 3)
- Hon. Robert Eckels, Former Harris County Judge
- Panel 2
- Hon. Rene A. Ramirez, Hidalgo County Judge
- Hon. Edna Tamayo, Cameron County Commissioner
- Sonia Lambert, General Manager, Cameron County Irrigation District No. 2
- Panel 3
- Suzanne B. Scott, General Manager, San Antonio River Authority
- David M. Oliver, Jr., Partner, Allen Boone Humphries Robinson LLP
Interim Charge 3
August 24, 2010
- Submitted Testimony
- Paul Mallett, Commission on State Emergency Communications
- Great Harris County 9-1-1
- Linda Brookins, Texas Commission on Envrionmental Quality
- Information requests pertaining to SB 361 (File 1, File 2, File 3)
The following reports are available for download:
- Senate Subcommittee on Flooding & Evacuations Interim Report to the 82nd Legislature (377 KB, PDF format)
- Appendix (3.4 MB, PDF format)
- Study the benefit of legislation that would require coastal regions, when making routine improvements to drainage systems and other infrastructure, to take into account probability of future flooding and any upgrades necessary to prevent future flooding.
- Study and make recommendations on methods of emergency notification during a natural disaster. Look into alternative systems and new technologies for rerouting 911-type calls to become more efficient and effective. Study and make recommendations to streamline the process of informing citizens impacted by an emergency or disaster prior to the event about re-entry and aid.
- Study and make recommendations relating to cost effective options to either retrofit or require new building structures to be built as shelters for use during future evacuations.
- Monitor the implementation of legislation addressed by the Senate Subcommittee on Flooding & Evacuations, 81st Legislature, Regular and Called Sessions, and make recommendations for any legislation needed to improve, enhance, and/or complete implementation.