Contact: Melissa Duncan, Communications Director
On the agenda: Implementation of legislation
The Senate Finance Committee will convene at 10:00 a.m. to take up its interim charge relating to the implementation of legislation addressed by the Senate Finance Committee during the 84th Legislature, Regular Session. To watch the hearing online, click here: http://www.senate.texas.gov/av-live.php.
Monitoring Implementation Highlights
- The Senate Finance Committee has been directed to monitor the implementation of legislation addressed by the Committee during the 84th Legislative Session and to make recommendations for any legislation needed to improve, enhance, and/or complete implementation.
- The Committee was directed to monitor six areas of legislation:
- Tax relief provided to property owners;
- The gradual phase out of the franchise tax;
- Support for and the enhancement of graduate medical education;
- Efforts of the Department of Information Resources (DIR) to modernize the technology of state agencies;
- The implementation of required changes to state agency contracting, purchasing, and accounting procedures; and
- Monitor the implementation of Health and Human Services Commission Rider 50.
Statement from Senator Nelson: "Today's hearing focuses on measuring the results of major legislation approved last session, including our efforts to reform government contracting, expand graduate medical education and reduce the burden on taxpayers."