P.O. Box 12068, State Capitol
Austin, Texas 78711
Tel. (512) 463-0112
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 30, 2016
AUSTIN- Texas State Senator Jane Nelson, R-Flower Mound, applauded the groundbreaking today for a $61 million project to expand the SH 121/SH 360 interchange project in Tarrant County.
"As someone who drives these roads almost every day, I know how critical this interchange is to mobility in our Metroplex. We were able to make significant progress in transportation funding last session, and projects like this one will go a long way toward reducing congestion in our region, "said Senator Nelson.
Overall, the project -- which is estimated to be completed in 2018 -- will improve safety by minimizing weaving and reducing congestion on this heavily traveled stretch of road. Included in the SH 121/360 interchange improvement project are:
- Two new ramps from northbound SH360 - one to SH121 and one to SH114;
- New ramp to westbound SH114 from northbound SH121;
- Reconfigured exit to William D. Tate avenue;
- New ramp from the existing eastbound SH114 to southbound SH121/360 bridge;
- Reconfigure the ramp to southbound SH360 from eastbound SH114;
- New ramp to SH360 from southbound SH121;
As chair of the Senate Finance Committee, Senator Nelson worked to provide an additional $3.7 billion for transportation funding.