Contact: Megan Hanson
On the agenda: Article III
- Texas Woman's University
- Texas A&M System
- University of Texas System
For the full agenda, please view the posting online
- Today the Senate Finance Committee begins hearings on the budget requests of Texas' institutions of higher learning.
- SB 2 funds enrollment growth for higher education institutions and maintains formula rates.
- There are $5.5B in combined requests for tuition revenue bonds.
- In addition, universities have submitted $1.1B in exceptional budget item requests.
- Two university leaders -- Chancellor William McRaven of the University of Texas System and Dr. Carine Feyten, Chancellor and President of Texas Woman's University -- will testify before the Senate finance Committee for the first time on behalf of their universities.
Statement from Senator Nelson:
"Texas is blessed with world-class universities and institutions of higher learning. I look forward to our discussions this week and throughout session as we work towards the goal of accessible and affordable higher education for every Texas student that wishes to pursue it."
To watch the Senate Finance Committee hearing online, click here.
Senator Jane Nelson
Chair, Senate Finance Committee