Joint Committee on Water Resources
NOTE: This is archived committee information from the 77th Legislative Session.
Rep. David Counts
Sen. Robert Duncan
Sen. David Bernsen
Sen. Teel Bivins
Rep. Robert "Robby" Cook
Rep. Robert Puente
Video/Audio — Archives
The following reports are available for download:
- The Committee shall conduct an interim study and make recommendations regarding:
- Increasing the efficient use of existing water resources;
- Developing sufficient long-term financing strategies;
- Improving existing water conveyance systems;
- Water marketing
- determining the appropriate role of environmental and wildlife concerns in water permitting and water development; and
- protection of the natural condition of beds and banks of the state-owned watercourses.
- The Joint Committee may call and hold hearings, and shall:
- meet at least annually with the TNRCC and the TWDB, and
- consider information relating to:
- encouraging the effective development of water marketing and water movement;
- prioritizing the use of state funds for financing the development and conservation of water resources, and
- measures for encouraging donation of water rights, for protecting instream uses.