Sen. Florence Shapiro —CO-CHAIR
Sen. Eddie Lucio, Jr.
Sen. Steve Ogden
Sen. Todd Staples
Sen. Leticia Van de Putte
Rep. Kent Grusendorf —CO-CHAIR
Rep. Talmadge Heflin
Rep. Fred Hill
Rep. Vilma Luna
Rep. Kenny Marchant
Dr. Caroline Hoxby
Video/Audio — Archives
The following reports are available for download:
- The committee shall conduct a study of issues affecting the duty of the legislature to establish and make suitable provision for the support and maintenance of an efficient system of public free schools.
- The study shall include:
- a review of the state's revenue system as it relates to the legislature's ability to provide for a constitutional school finance system;
- an assessment of funding options that will sustain Texas schools for the long term and that will substantially increase the state's share of public school funding;
- a determination of appropriate funding levels to enable high academic performance;
- an analysis of legitimate student and school district cost differences;
- a review of the appropriate role of the state in the provision of school facilities;
- an examination of strategies and practices that contribute to high academic performance in schools; and
- a review of possible incentives for improved student performance and cost-effective operation.