Rep. Patricia Gray
Sen. Judith Zaffirini
Sen. Robert Duncan
Sen. Jane Nelson
Sen. Steve Ogden
Sen. Eliot Shapleigh
Rep. Garnet Coleman
Rep. Craig Eiland
Rep. Kyle Janek
Rep. Arlene Wohlgemuth
- Monitor Medicaid and Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) cost issues, including:
- Medicaid cost containment activities, including implementation of Article II Special Provisions contained in Sec. 33 of SB 1, 77th Legislature;
- Implementation of SB 43, 77th Legislature, regarding Medicaid simplification;
- Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) reorganization of Medicaid and CHIP administration;
- CHIP and Medicaid acute health reimbursement rates, including implementation of legislation passed by the 77th Legislature, SB 1053, SB 1299, and S.B. 1, HHSC Sec. 54 and Art. II Special Provisions Secs. 29 and 30;
- Medicaid and CHIP caseload and cost projections;
- federal actions affecting Medicaid and CHIP costs; and
- any other items deemed pertinent by the Joint Committee.
- Study the cost effectiveness of twelve month continuous eligibility for Medicaid and CHIP and make recommendations to the 78th Legislature.
- Monitor the implementation legislation passed by the 77th Legislature regarding interagency bulk purchasing of pharmaceuticals, HB 915 and SB 1, Art. IX, Sec. 6.47.