Senate Interim Committee on Public Information
NOTE: This is archived committee information from the 75th Legislative Session.
Kenneth L. Armbrister
Video/Audio — Archives
There are no audio/video archives available online for the 75th session.
The following reports are available for download:
- The following items are the Senate Interim Committee on Public Information Reports to the 76th Legislature:
- Report (155 KB, PDF format)
- Appendix A (16 KB, PDF format)
- Appendix B (44 KB, PDF format)
- Appendix C (66 KB, PDF format)
- Appendix D (206 KB, PDF format)
- Appendix E (9 KB, PDF format)
- Index of Statutes (372 KB, PDF format)
- Identify areas of concern associated with the Public Information Act, (formerly known as the Open Records Act), including harassment, commercial enterprise, circumvention of the Act's requirements, delays in production of information, access and availability of information, costs and expenditure of public resources. If necessary, make recommendations for legislative action.
- Study the impact of the Public Information Act on privacy interests of Texans and monitor the implementation of SB 1069, passed by the Legislature during the 1997 regular session, and developments in federal law regarding these issues.
- Review the role of technology as it applies to the Public Information Act, such as the Internet, and study pertinent issues in the public information process, including but not limited to whether HB 1718, passed by the Legislature during the 1995 regular session, adequately responds to technological advances.