Sam Houston Building, 335
Video/Audio — Archives
87th Session Interim
87th Regular Session
The following reports are available for download:
- Water Utility Infrastructure: Evaluate the state's water infrastructure. Study and make recommendations on options to upgrade and update water infrastructure to address deferred maintenance, disasters, and water loss.
- Water Supply: Review and make recommendations to complete specific projects identified in the 2022 State Water Plan. In light of recent changes to the global economy, consider the current regulatory process regarding innovative technology solutions to water supply needs, such as marine desalination, and make recommendations for their improvement.
- Groundwater Management and Protection: Evaluate the status and effectiveness of the State's groundwater management process, including data used to support regional water planning and conservation goals. Report on the effectiveness of the State's groundwater protection efforts and whether statutory changes are needed to protect groundwater quality.
- Rural Employment: Study and make recommendations on rural small business development and workforce needs. Consider and recommend innovative methods for business development in rural parts of the state.
- Daylight Savings Time: Examine and report on how permanently maintaining daylight savings time impacts the agricultural community.
- Rural Immigration: Consider the Federal government's open border policies and practices of releasing illegal immigrants in rural areas of the state. Report on the impact to rural Texas, and their local ability to address social, health, and law enforcement needs.
- Meat Packing Facilities: Study the need for additional meat packing facilities in Texas. Evaluate and report on the increased cost to Texas ranchers and revenue lost in the Texas economy when meatpacking facilities are utilized outside of Texas.
- Agricultural Theft: Study the impact of cattle theft on farming and ranching operations throughout Texas and recommend cost-effective measures to mitigate loss and increase security.
- Monitoring: Monitor the implementation of legislation addressed by the Senate Committee on Water, Agriculture, and Rural Affairs passed by the 87th Legislature, as well as relevant agencies and programs under the committee's jurisdiction. Specifically, make recommendations for any legislation needed to improve, enhance, or complete implementation of the following:
- Senate Bill 8 (86th Legislature), Relating to state and regional flood planning;
- Senate Bill 601 (87th Legislature), Relating to the creation and activities of the Texas Produced Water Consortium;
- Senate Bill 905 (87th Legislature), Relating to guidance on the regulations applicable to the potable reuse of wastewater; and
- House Bill 3516 (87th Legislature), Relating to the regulation of the recycling of fluid oil and gas waste.