Senate Interim Committee on Natural Resources
NOTE: This is archived committee information from the 75th Legislative Session.
J.E. "Buster" Brown
Eddie Lucio, Jr.
Carlos F. Truan
Video/Audio — Archives
There are no audio/video archives available online for the 75th session.
- Monitor the implementation of HB 3019, passed by the Legislature during the 1997 regular session, regarding nonpermitted facilities and, if necessary, make recommendations for further legislative action in developing a voluntary program for phasing in the permitting of existing significant sources of air pollution.
- Monitor the implementation of SB 1876, passed by the Legislature during the 1997 regular session, regarding consolidated enforcement authority and SB 1591, passed by the Legislature during the 1997 regular session, regarding permitting flexibility as they affect the administration of programs at the Texas Natural Resource Conservation Commission (TNRCC).
- Monitor the operation of the Superfund program (amended by HB 2776, passed by the Legislature during the 1997 regular session), the Voluntary Cleanup program (amended by HB 1239 and HB 2705 passed by the Legislature during the 1997 regular session), and other state-funded remediation programs, as needed, at the TNRCC.
- Study and make any necessary recommendations for criteria for siting solid waste facilities in the Municipal Solid Waste program.
- Study the granting of general licensing authority to the Texas Parks & Wildlife Department for protecting the state's wildlife resources.
- Monitor the implementation of the federal American Heritage Rivers Initiative and study the impact the program may have on a geographical area if a river is designated as an American Heritage River.