Eddie Lucio, Jr.
Sam Houston Building, 335
Video/Audio — Archives
79th Session Interim
79th Third Called Session
- May 10, 2006 - audio only.
79th Second Called Session
79th First Called Session
79th Regular Session
The following reports are available for download:
- Study state and federal programs aimed at assisting cities and businesses to compete in national and international markets. Develop recommendations to increase the competitiveness of Texas communities and entities in trade and commerce.
- Study and develop recommendations to address the infrastructure and economic development needs of border and coastal communities in rural and non-urban areas of Texas.
- Studyand report on the availability of housing in distressed areas of the state, especially along the Border colonias and rural Texas. Review state, federal and private initiatives aimed at providing housing assistance. Work with private and non-profit entities to address the growing housing needs. Develop recommendations for the cost-effective use of existing housing monies, leveraging of funds and initiatives for new funding sources.
- Review state and local policies impacting the water/wastewater services, transportation and health infrastructure needs of Texas colonias. Work with the Texas Water Development Board, the Office of the Attorney General and the Colonia Coordinator to develop recommendations aimed at improving and strengthening the available resources and policies affecting economically distressed areas.