Eddie Lucio, Jr.
Leticia Van de Putte
Holly Mabry McCoy
Sam Houston Building, 440
Video/Audio — Archives
83rd Session Interim
83rd Regular Session
- May 17, 2013 – audio only.
- May 16, 2013
- May 14, 2013 (Part I, Part II) – Part II: audio only.
- May 09, 2013 (Part I, Part II)
- May 07, 2013 (Part I, Part II)
- April 30, 2013 (Part I, Part II) – Part II: audio only.
- April 25, 2013 (Part I, Part II) – Part II: audio only.
- April 23, 2013 (Part I, Part II)
- April 16, 2013 (Part I, Part II)
- April 11, 2013 (Part I, Part II)
- April 09, 2013 (Part I, Part II)
- April 04, 2013 (Part I, Part II)
- April 02, 2013 (Part I, Part II)
- March 28, 2013
- March 26, 2013 (Part I, Part II)
- March 21, 2013
- March 19, 2013 (Part I, Part II)
- March 12, 2013 (Part I, Part II)
- March 05, 2013 (Part I, Part II)
- February 27, 2013
- February 21, 2013 (Part I, Part II)
- February 19, 2013 (Part I, Part II)
- February 12, 2013 (Part I, Part II)
- January 31, 2013
- January 28, 2013 – Joint hearing with the Senate Committee on Agriculture, Rural Affairs and Homeland Security
Written Testimony Submissions and Handouts
January 31, 2013
- 20 ESC CSCOPE Budgets
- 2012-13 Active CSCOPE Districts
- CSCOPE News Articles
- TESCCC Organization Chart
- CSCOPE Science TEKS Review, Phase I Final Report
- TESCCC CSCOPE CMS District User License Agreement
- Ms. Mac (Jeanine McGregor), Education Researcher, K-12 Teacher (GT & Special-ED), Author
- Dr. Stan Hartzler, Mathematics Educator
- Peggy Venable, Director, Americans for Prosperity-Texas
- Holly Eaton, Director of Professional Development and Advocacy, Texas Classroom Teachers Association
January 28, 2013
Panel 1: Overview of School Safety Policies
- Dr. John "Pete" Blair, Director of Research, Advanced Law Enforcement Rapid Response Training (ALERRT) Center
Panel 2: School District Policies
Panel 3: School Associations: School Safety Policy
The following reports are available for download:
- Senate Committee on Education Interim Report to the 83rd Legislature (2.0 MB, PDF format)
- Examine STAAR writing scores for elementary, middle and high school students. For grade levels tested in writing, review the types of writing required. Explore the need for targeted professional development in writing. Review the redesign of high school English EOC exams. For the entire STAAR assessment program, review accommodations available to eligible students as a result of the elimination of the STAAR Modified exam pursuant to changes in federal accountability regulations. Additionally, review the redesign of the STAAR Alternate assessment.
- Monitor the implementation of legislation addressed by the Senate Committee on Education, 83rd Legislature, Regular and Called Sessions, and make recommendations for any legislation needed to improve, enhance and/or complete implementation. Specifically, monitor the following:
- HB 5, relating to public school accountability, including assessment, and curriculum requirements; providing a criminal penalty;
- HB 1926, relating to the operation of the state virtual school network and courses provided through other distance learning arrangements;
- SB 376, relating to breakfast for certain public school students; and
- HB 617, relating to transition and employment services for public school students enrolled in special education programs.
- Conduct a comprehensive review of school choice programs in other states. Examine the impact of education tax credits and taxpayer savings grants on the state budget. Review the state's parent trigger and Public Education Grant program statutes and identify any potential improvements.
- Monitor the implementation of SB 2, relating to certain charter schools.
- Monitor the implementation of HB 462, related to the prohibition on developing or adopting common core standards.
- Review Chapter 26, Education Code (Parental Rights and Responsibilities) and determine if any statutory changes are necessary to strengthen the rights of parents. Consider measures adopted in other states.
- Review Chapter 8, Education Code (Regional Education Service Centers), specifically the purpose and the performance standards and indicators developed by the Commissioner. Analyze all funding streams available to Education Service Centers.