Interim Committee on Water Resources Development and Management
NOTE: This is archived committee information from the 75th Legislative Session.
J.E. "Buster" Brown
Eddie Lucio, Jr.
Video/Audio — Archives
There are no audio/video archives available online for the 75th session.
- The Committee on Water Resources Development and Management is created to study the State's water supply and wastewater infrastructure needs. The Committee shall:
- Review Texas' current inventory of water resources, including water supply and wastewater treatment infrastructure.
- Review projections for Texas' future water and wastewater needs to the year 2050.
- Review the role of the state and regional and local entities in participation and investment in water-related projects.
- Review the implementation of SB 1, Acts of the 75th Legislature, Regular Session, 1997.
- Make recommendations to the 76th Legislature to assist Texas communities having limited financial capabilities with their water supply and wastewater infrastructure needs.
- Make recommendations to the 76th Legislature to ensure efficient allocation of state and local resources through the use of regional water facilities and management, including water market transactions.
- Make recommendations to the 76th Legislature to help local governments to meet the financial costs created by federal and state water quality regulations.