P.O. Box 12068, State Capitol
Austin, Texas 78711
Tel. (512) 463-0112
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 9, 2004
GRAPEVINE - State Senator Jane Nelson, R-Lewisville, is pleased to announce that the Texas Commission on the Arts has recently approved $5.3 million in state grants, part of which are earmarked for local organizations.
"As someone who appreciates the arts, I am very pleased that our area will benefit from these state grants. We are blessed with so many talented performing troupes and artistic individuals, and their efforts not only enrich our community but also help instill in our young people an appreciation for the arts," Senator Nelson said.
The 2005 Financial Assistance Grantees include:
- Arts Council of Fort Worth and Tarrant County: $37,275
- Arts Council of NorthEast Tarrant County: $11,780
- Fort Worth Dallas Ballet: $8,550
- Fort Worth Opera: $16,086
- Hip Pocket Theatre: $13,865
- School Cantorum of Texas: $2,870
- Texas Nonprofit Theatres: $14,015
- Van Cliburn Foundation, $13,818
For more information, contact the Texas Commission of the Arts at 512-463-5535.