Senate members are appointed to committees by the Lieutenant Governor. The Lieutenant Governor also provides each committee with its charge.
Links to each committee page are listed below, where you will find committee membership, schedules, video and/or audio archives of previous public hearings, and more.
The Texas Legislature Online's committee portal is also available, and provides a database of searchable information about committee schedules, minutes, membership, process, and more.
When Senate Committees are holding public hearings in the Capitol Complex, you may find live webcasts of the proceedings at the Senate Live Broadcasts page.
86th Session Standing Committees
- Business & Commerce
- Criminal Justice
- Health & Human Services
- Higher Education
- Intergovernmental Relations
- Natural Resources & Economic Development
- Property Tax
- State Affairs
- Veteran Affairs & Border Security
- Water & Rural Affairs
85th Session Select, Interim, and Joint Committees
(86th Session Select/Interim/Joint Committee Information is forthcoming.)
- Compact Facility Legislative Oversight Committee
- HHS Transition Legislative Oversight Committee
- Joint Committee on Government Facilities
- Joint Committee on State Judicial Salaries
- Joint Interim Committee on Disclosure of Emergency Call Information
- Joint Interim Committee on Higher Education Formula Funding
- Joint Interim Committee on Prescribing & Dispensing Controlled Substances
- Joint Interim Committee to Study a Coastal Barrier System
- Legislative Committee on Aging
- Partnership Advisory Commission
- Select Committee to Determine a Sufficient Balance of the Economic Stabilization Fund
- Senate Select Committee on Cybersecurity
- Senate Select Committee on Election Security
- Senate Select Committee on Employment Practices
- Senate Select Committee on Government Reform
- Senate Select Committee on Property Tax Reform
- Senate Select Committee on Violence in Schools & School Security
- State Water Implementation Fund for Texas Advisory Committee
- Archived versions of previous Legislative Sessions' Committee pages can be accessed from our Committee Archives page.